You can say a lot about getting what you paid for, but in the case of the Jolly this is a bit of a joke. In its current condition and level of customer service, it would have a hard time qualifying for 3 stars.
First room we got was abysmal, dirty, completely out-of-date and the size of a closet (room 766). We came back down after 5 minutes to ask for a better room and were told we had to wait until the next day (first disappointment). Furniture, tv and ac unit are not up to standards anymore and it seems only the bathroom had received and upgrade recently.
Next morning, we were told to wait until 3pm and had to put or luggage in storage :S
For 3 days in a row there was no power converter, though it was advertized as being available. Staff did not bother to take a note and reserve one, but instead told me to go and buy one myself (another example of unexpected non-service).
Cleaning was really down on surface level only (I dropped something behind the nightstand and it remained there for 4 days....). Two times, coming back after 5:30pm, there had been no room service. I was told the first time, that I probably left the do-not-disturb sign...which I did not (and is the kind of reply I do not expect nor appreciate). Second time, I got upset and was told if I disagreed with service, I could talk to the general manager, which I happily accepted. I was offered 2 complimentary drinks on this occasion, which somewhat lessened the grievance.
Seems to be a great difference between individual staff when it comes to being service-minded.
Shame, potentially great location and they do try but NH needs to brush up this hotel quite a bit more! Oh....and the rooms are really not like the pictures show, it seems some are really nicely renovated, but it is not what you get as standard room (e.g. tv from 1980)
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Madison
- Jolly Hotel Madison
- Jolly Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Jolly Madison New York
- Jolly Madison Towers
- Jolly Madison New York
- Jolly Hotel New York
- Jolly Madison Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Jolly Madison Towers is a charming European style Hotel located in the heart of Manhattan on Madison Avenue at 38th Street. The NH Jolly Madison Towers offer its guests a combination of the warmth and elegance of Italian style, the charm of 1920's American architecture and modern facilities to meet today’s business traveler needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Olotels, Travelocity, Venere, BookIt.com, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Jolly Hotel Madison Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.