We stayed at the Park Central for the week of Thanksgiving 2013, as our nephew was marching in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and we travelled to NYC for that. Having never been to NYC before, we knew there were certain "must see" things so our hotel choice was based on location as well as price. The location was perfect, close to Central Park for watching the parade, Times Square, Broadway, and Rockefeller Center just to name a few. Most hotels in the city at this time of year are pretty expensive but we felt like it was reasonable when compared with others. Our room, for 2 adults, was not huge, but large enough for us. We didn't spend that much time in the room anyway since we were out and about exploring the city. The staff were friendly and helpful when we had a small issue with our heating unit. They sent someone right away to fix it. And the concierge staff were extremely helpful in assisting us in finding a place to have our meal on Thanksgiving. We had 9 people in our group including some children, so we were looking for a place with a lot of choices and reasonably priced, not one of the prix fixe menus that many restaurants were offering. After listening to our needs, they suggested the perfect place for us: Ellen's Starlight Diner. It's a diner that has singing waiters and waitresses and they were offering both a Thanksgiving menu as well as their regular menu which was extensive, so everyone could get something they liked, and it was a fun atmosphere.
Again I stress that the hotel was in a great location for us. We walked to nearly everything we wanted to see, with the exception of one day that we took an organized bus tour.
I would recommend the Park Central for a conveniently located, reasonably priced hotel.
(Also, try John's Pizzaria - in an old church building near Times Square- Awesome!)
- Also Known As:
- Park Central Hotel New York City
- Park Central Hotel New York
- Park Central New York Hotel
- Park Central New York City
- Park Central Hotel
- Park Central New York
- Park Central Ny Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Central hotel New York in the world's greatest city, steps from Central Park, Rockefeller Center & Times Square. The Park Central is at the top of the list of Midtown Manhattan hotels for business and leisure travel. Surround yourself with the classic attractions of the Big Apple, museums, dining, & beyond. With spacious accommodations this Midtown New York City hotel invites you to discover the convenience of our landmark setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Amex, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Park Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.