Spacious, well appointed room with luxury amenities in an interesting renovated structure. The rooms will vary -- this is a boutique hotel. #207 was large, with high tin ceilings, exposed brick and lots of character. Comfortable bed and bedding. Excellent shower with two heads and strong water pressure. Excellent HVAC. Wine and cheese evening reception during the week is a wonderful touch. Breakfast offers healthy options (fruit, juices, Greek yogurt, cereal), which you select the previous night -- and you specify the time. It arrives to your room on time in a basket. Location is wonderful for exploring Philadelphia. My one night business stay was insufficient. This hotel makes me WANT to come back to Philly! And I will surely stay at the Independent.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- The Independent Hotel
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelClick, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.