Rittenhouse square is arguably the best area to stay in the city. Of the hotels around the square (others are Kimpton, Sofitel, AKA ), The Rittenhouse is probably the most luxurious. The rooms are very large, decorated in that "old Philadelphia" style. The gym is great and they have a pool. The service can border on stuffy but is usually pretty attentive. When I arrived last weekend, no one came up to greet my cab or brought my luggage in. There were doormen/bellmen but they were busy helping another car and no one looked my way. It wasn't until I got to the front desk that I was asked if I needed help with my luggage. I had booked through American Express because in addition to the room upgrade they offer a $100 food credit. However, when you check in you realize the food credit is only for Lacroix which is very fine dining or the Tea Room. I wish I would have known this beforehand as I was traveling with my young daughter. The $100 can't be used for room service or Smith&Wollensky or the lounges. This is a slight peave for me because $100 in Lacroix would be merely a small portion of the bill---which is great if that's where you intended on dining. The room was very clean, in good repair and the bed was heavenly. Morning room service was quick but continental for two included only one coffee and one fruit juice. When we were checking out on Saturday the lobby was buzzing with incoming wedding parties, which is what I think this hotel caters to. In all, my stay was good, not exceptional. It is still a great place to stay but I think it depends on what you are looking for. The Rittenhouse used to be THE place to stay on the square but I think the other hotels in the area with their fresher/hipper offerings make this hotel seem more "old school philly" than ever.
- Also Known As:
- The Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Five Diamond Award winning Rittenhouse Hotel (23 years consecutively) is rated one of the top hotels in the World as well as #1 hotel in Pennsylvania by Travel + Leisure. The Rittenhouse has an ideal location directly on Rittenhouse Square for business or pleasure. Guests may walk out with easy access to boutique shopping, restaurants and the Center City business district is just steps away. The guestrooms at the Rittenhouse are the largest in the city, the smallest measuring 450-600 square feet, with views of Rittenhouse Square or the city. Guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, overnight shoe shine and newspaper delivery to their room. Lacroix at the Rittenhouse is one of the top restaurants in Philadelphia with panoramic views of Rittenhouse Square. Our Sunday Brunch is rated #1 in Philadelphia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LHW, Orbitz, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your The Rittenhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.