This lodge is in a gorgeous setting. Wish we could have stayed longer - lovely rooms. Everything is new and beautiful. I do agree with the reviewer below that the bathrooms are a little cold with all the rock - some throw rugs would be nice. They had all the amenties that you need and the beds were great. We laughed hard as my husband didn't know if he could climb that high! The breakfast was very adequate. they have a beautiful main building. I'm sure in a few years this lodge will be the #1 place to stay in Gettysburg as it is only 10 minutes from downtown and the setting is just gorgeous. Two suggestions I would make as this new lodge is a property in the process of being the BEST. One - get a sign on the main highway - 116/Middle Road. If the Transmission Shop sign wasn't there I would have missed it every time we were on the road. Also cut back the bushes at your entrance as your 2 signs are hard to see until you are right there - hated slamming on my brakes each time so I wouldn't pass it. My 2nd suggestion - paint your cedar planks the beautiful green you have on the main building or at least stain them. The weathering in just 1 year is making the black run up the walls and it cheapens each cabin. I hate to see the cabins spoiled with the ugly black as we can tell you have spent a lot of money using the beautiful rock that is on all your cabins. This is just an eyesore that can be corrected easily. I wish you well - you have a beautiful lodge! We will definitely return when we are in the area.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodges At Gettysburg Hotel Gettysburg
- The Lodges At Gettysburg Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodges at Gettysburg is a warm and elegant private retreat set on 63 secluded acres and conveniently located just under 70 miles from Washington DC, Baltimore MD, and Harrisburg PA. Its private modern lodge accommodations are complete with fully equipped kitchenettes, bathrooms, fireplaces, hardwood floors, heating and air conditioning, private porches, vaulted beam ceilings, Flat Screen TVs and secure high speed internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Lodges at Gettysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.