I really wanted to give the Lord Baltimore a more positive review. I would certainly give five stars to their staff, which is professional and friendly and eager to help. Kudos to Daniel and Russell and Josh. They were terrific.
Although the lobby area is exquisite, our room was a disappointment. Hotwire assigned us this hotel for an attractive rate, but after reading TripAdvisor reviews I was quite concerned. I called the hotel the week before our arrival, and asked for a clean and quiet room on a high floor. Upon arrival we were upgraded gratis to a business-class room on the 14th floor. Even there, the level of housekeeping left me uncomfortable – used soap was left in the bathroom, and the overall impression was that a thorough cleaning was needed. The wallpaper was stained. The bolster pillows on the bed were old and lumpy and unusable, but there were three smaller pillows that were fine. Our sleep-number bed was comfortable enough. The room had benefitted from some updates, including some bathroom renovations and new carpet. Because the room faced the street, it really wasn’t completely quiet, but we were able to sleep through the street sounds.
Perhaps I should have gone back to the lobby to address these issues, but we were tired from travelling and on our way to meet up with friends for dinner. Based on the excellent rate that we received on Hotwire, and the fact that they had placed us in a business class room, I’m not sure we could have done much better.
I am glad that we chose to pay the extra money for valet parking. After coming back from dinner at night, I am not sure how comfortable I would have been walking in the area around the hotel.
The Radisson could have a beautiful hotel in the Lord Baltimore, but it would require quite an infusion of cash. Its five-star staff deserves a property it could be proud of.
The moral of the story: I have always had good results using Hotwire, but I wouldn’t take a Hotwire three-star hotel in the Baltimore Inner Harbor/Downtown area again. That Hotwire assigned the Radisson Lord Baltimore three stars was generous of them.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore Hotel Baltimore
- Radisson Baltimore
- Baltimore Radisson
- Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a stunning French Renaissance building located in the heart of downtown Baltimore, MD and just three blocks from the famous Inner Harbor, the historic Lord Baltimore Hotel features complimentary services such as high-speed wireless Internet access and downtown shuttle service. Guests at this grand hotel enjoy easy access and exclusive offers at area attractions including the National Aquarium, Walters Museum, Visionary Museum, Baltimore Museum, Peabody Library and concert venues. The Lord Baltimore Hotel is in the City’s Business and Financial Districts and is one of the best Baltimore Inner Harbor hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Olotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, EasyToBook and Venere so you can book your Lord Baltimore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.