We really enjoyed the location of this hotel. We were able to walk to the riverfront easily, and to several great shops and restaurants. We used the valet parking and were happy with it - very nice guys, and had the car ready quickly.
The room was comfortable with king bed, two chairs, and a little balcony. Our balcony looked over Bay Street, so we really enjoyed that. It is a small balcony however, so no chairs or anything to sit on.
We used the workout room, and thought it was quite good. Decent equipment. Also went in the hot tub after dinner, and really enjoyed that! It is on the roof next to the pool. Super hot water on a cool night felt fabulous.
The breakfast buffet was fairly simple, but adequate. We had a microwaved cheese omlet, bacon, and toast. There was also a pancake maker available and muffins and pastries.
My only complaint is that when we arrived, our room was not ready, so we gave them our cell phone number, and they said they would call when it was ok, about 2 hours.
So, we drove to the visitor center (free parking), and took the Old Town Trolley tour. (good tour!). At one of the stops on the trolley, we decided to get off and have a late lunch. We then finished the tour. No phone call, so we walked around some more, then sat in one of the parks for another hour. We still had not gotten a phone call, so finally decided to get the car and show up around 4:30. The room was ready! They forgot to call - I really wish they had, because we just kept "hanging out", waiting. (quite rude)
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Holiday Inn Express Savannah
- Holiday Inn Savannah
- Savannah Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of the historic district and soak up the splendor that is Savannah. Next time your travels take you to Savannah, choose the brand new Holiday Inn Express Historic District. This contemporary Southern style property is located right on Bay St. and is surrounded by dozens of boutiques, restaurants, River Street and Savannah s famed squares. It features a graceful lobby, full service fireside lobby bar, a rooftop pool and gazebo and guest rooms equipped with flat screen TVs. Rates include deluxe continental breakfast and high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, AAA Travel Services and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.