Having been disappointed at a few Choice Hotel properties (several Comfort Inns among them), I was a bit squeamish about staying seven nights at this location. Mind you, I have also stayed at some decent properties also. But the Comfort Suites in Fredericksburg was close to where we wanted to be so let’s give it a try. Beautiful place! New. Friendly staff from the desk to the maintenance man to the lady working the breakfast area. Lobby, corridors, elevators and rooms were all clean. The continental breakfast is better than average. Choices include coffee (regular, bold and decaf) 24 hours a day, orange and apples juices, milk, cereals, oatmeal (instant), yogurt, sliced breads for toast, muffins, pastries, several kinds of fruits and WAFFLES. Wireless internet access is available and there are four public computers in the lobby area. Speaking of the lobby, there is plenty of comfortable seating for the times that one just has to get out of their room but doesn’t want to go anywhere. Did you finish reading your novel on the plane, one of the desk clerks brings in books for guests to borrow. The property has a small laundry room for guests. There were only two washer/drier combos but both worked well and the room was clean and well lit. The ‘suite’ was a sleeping area and sitting area separated by a partition wall. It also had a mini fridge and microwave. The furnishings were comfortable and well kept. There were two telephones, one on the desk and the other next to the bed. The bathroom was standard, with everything working well and had a large counter. The exterior of the property was nicely landscaped and the parking area was clean and well lit. The property is across the highway from a shopping center. The anchor tenant is Target (good place for snacks and drinks) which has a Starbucks inside. One exit south of the property is a shopping development with numerous restaurants, shops, Walmart and a supermarket. There is also a mall. At the same exit is historic Fredericksburg; a great place to explore for people who like history. When our stay ended, I found myself wanting to go back.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel
- Comfort Hotel Fredericksburg
- Comfort Suites Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Comfort Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites - hotel is conveniently located, close to many popular attractions and historical landmarks. Located 50 miles south of Washington, DC. We offer free hot deluxe continental breakfast, heated indoor pool and fitness center. Business travelers will welcome additional conveniences like in-room desks, lobby level business center and access to copy & fax services. All spacious guest rooms come equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards and in-room movies. Handicap accessible rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.