We were thrilled with our experience at Bearskin. Our room was clean, quiet, and nice--including new decor, good tv (with lots of channels), and a gas fireplace. It's very close to the park, but farther away from all the "strip". There are several restaurants close, though.
The service was good as they helped us moved to the room next door to stay an extra night (our room was booked). The continental breakfast is average, but does save you some $$. If you'd like more fruit, bring some and put it in your fridge! The attendant in the breakfast area was helpful and friendly.
The pools are small, but the area is very nice with two gas fireplaces in the pool area. Even though small, my kids (5 & 8) loved the pool and lazy river.
We enjoyed it and thought it was a great value. Next time in Gatlinburg, we'll likely stay here.
- Also Known As:
- Bearskin Lodge Gatlinburg
- Bearskin Hotel On The River
- Bearskin Lodge On The River
- Bearskin Lodge Gatlinburg Tennessee
- Bearskin Lodge On The River Gatlinburg Tn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crafted of mountain stone and massive logs our lodge will take you back to a time of lodging in Gatlinburg's grand tradition. We're located on a mountain stream, just a short walk away from the National Park and next to fine dining in downtown Gatlinburg. We offer all the latest amenities, like a lazy river, free garage parking, continental breakfast and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.