This is one of my favorite places to stay in New Orleans. I love the character of the old building and the large windows and rooms. It is very easy to walk to Canal and Bourbon Streets and is convenient to many other businesses and restaurants. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful with suggestions on places to visits and good places to eat. One of which is Daisy Duke's--across the street and down about a block from the hotel. I have eaten there a few times and it has been good every time. If you go, ask for a corner room, if available, as these rooms are even bigger with lots of windows. The hotel is attached to a food court with a few little places that are quick and easy to pop into for a simple meal during the day. All in all, a good place to stay while in New Orleans.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Downtown/French Quarter Area Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn Downtown/French Quarter Area Hotel
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Carondelet Building, noted as the first “skyscraper” in New Orleans, the Hampton Inn Downtown/French Quarter artfully combines the city's rich history with modern conveniences. Just one block from the French Quarter's Bourbon Street, famous restaurants, antique shopping and top attractions, our Hotel in Downtown New Orleans gives you easy access to the best this world-class city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn New Orleans-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.