The hotel itself was beautiful, clean, and perfectly located. The valet staff was friendly and helpful. The staff at the check-in counter was a different story.
I have stayed at many W and Aloft Hotels across the county, and this was by far my worst experience. Not only did someone (at the hotel or SPG) cancel my reservation for an unknown reason, but I was treated terribly by the W desk staff when trying to get the situation sorted out. It was extremely embarrassing to sit in the lobby, with all of my luggage, tired from travelling, and then to be told that I (not them) needed to contact SPG (starwood preferrd guests) services to straighten out the matter. I did do this – on my own cell phone – and was able to correct the issues with the gracious help of the SPG staff. However, even after resolving the matter on the phone, the woman at the desk continued to treat me unfavorably.
At the restaurant, SoBou, the food was amazing (minus the gumbo – which was basically inedible) however, back to my chief problem with this hotel, the service in the restaurant was a nightmare. It was not busy and I noticed other guests receiving excellent service. I guess we were just unlucky in that respect, with the particular server we had that evening.
My last complaint, is that I unfortunately left a new pair of lulu lemon yoga pants ($150) in the room. I realize this is my own fault and I do not blame the hotel – but I called the hotel within 12 hours of my stay – and then again the next day - to see if anyone had turned them in. Considering the quality of this particular establishment, I was very surprised that no one bothered to turn these into the lost-and-found or security. I have left behind items at lesser quality hotels and the items were found and sent back to me.
Overall, the hotel is worth staying in, as long as you don’t mind the possibility of being treated like crap by the service professionals. I will not be back to this location.
- Also Known As:
- w New Orleans - French Quarter Hotel
- w New Orleans - French Quarter Hotel New Orleans
- w New Orleans
- w Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- W New Orleans French Quarter is adjacent to historic Jackson Square and boutique shops, and is a short walk from galleries, the Riverwalk and Harrah's casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Amex, Starwood, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your W New Orleans - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.