I stayed here as part of a 30 day rail journey. The intent is nice but much is to be desired. This hostel is kind enough to pick you up but the vehicle is beyond filthy and ragged out. The seats were gross and stained.
If you can stay in the "main house" you might do OK, but for SURE "outback" is awful:
Shoddy, incomplete remodel work
My pillow had mold on it
No soap in the bathrooms-YUCK!
Ceiling fan was not working
Air conditioning was not adequate
The staff is great and worked very hard to try and accommodate.A cheap place to stay in NO, but just be aware of what you are getting into.
- Also Known As:
- Aae Bourbon House Mansion Hotel
- Aae Bourbon House Mansion Hotel New Orleans
- Aae Bourbon House Mansion And Hostel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are AAE Bourbon House Mansion and Hostel, located only 18 minutes walking to the French Quarter and famous "Bourbon Street". In the "lower Garden District" we are 5 minutes walk to the Convention Center and the only Guest House/ Hostel that provides a FREE Shuttle to and from Greyhound and Amtrack. We also have airport shuttle for as low as $15 a person. All guests, either dorm beds or deluxe private rooms get to enjoy FREE BREAKFAST, Free Internet, Free Shuttles, Free Parking and a great Guest House full of European Travelers that create an exciting environment. We welcome all ages and have private rooms for families that sleep up to 8 people available. We are the "top rated" hostel in New Orleans and there is a reason for that... because were the best choice from the traveling public viewpoint! Come stay with us and be happy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, HostelBookers and Priceline so you can book your AAE Bourbon House Mansion & Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.