My husband and I left NYC for New Orleans to enjoy a relaxing 3 nights at the Park Plaza hotel. Little did we know that we'd have more satisfaction staying home and going to work. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time together when we were NOT in the hotel. New Orleans is a great city.
Please take a moment to read the below bullet points:
- The Park Plaza is located on a strip that resembles 125th street in Harlem
during the 80's.
- We had to check in to 3 different rooms - the first one was unmade and dirty; the second stunk of cigarette smoke and the third one, although called a suite was a dump. Paper thin walls allowing all kinds of "entertainment" (vomitting, coughing, drunks banter) to enter our room at high decibles.
- 2 out of 5 elevators were out of service, so you had to wait 20 minutes to get downstairs.
- We found pubic hairs on our clean towels, as well as a turkey sandwich ordered from the nasty bar grill in the lobby.
- The pool (which is on the 6th floor, not "the roof") on the first night looked like a swamp - but we swam at our own risk as the temperature was near 112 degrees. It was drained and remained empty for the next 3 days.
- When we complained to Frances, the front desk supervisor, she awarded us with 2 $22.00 vouchers for dinner at their restuarant Pralines, only to be told 30 seconds later, by Frances herself, that the restuarant would not be open for dinner. But we could feel free to eat at the sports bar (which is where the hair showed up in the turkey sandwich).
There's plenty more but I'm beginning to relive it and feel queasy. We were offered a free 3 night stay with them in the future to make up for our "disappointing" time, but I'd rather spend time in Central Park in good old NYC than go back to that DUMP again. Do NOT stay at this place, even if it's all you can afford. Save for an extra month or 2 and stay closer to the Quarter and as far away from the Park Plaza as possible.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC