Our family stayed in a two bedroom, two and a half bath condo. It worked out great for all of us, including our grandson who loved the pool and hot tub just outside his door. The kitchen was well equipped, the grill was close by and worked well. The staff was helpful, the office had plenty of beach chairs, umbrellas, coolers, and other items we needed. Check in went well as did our check out. It didn't take long for the staff to get to know us and they promptly responded to any request we made. As a Shell Vacations Club owner, the staff was attentive to our needs. However, they also were very attentive to the other guests, so that shouldn't be a concern.
This is a great location from which to enjoy the Big Island. Great beaches north of the resort, good snorkeling and kayaking south of it. It was just a short walk to the shore to watch the sunset, but the "vog" didn't allow us to see the beautiful sunsets we hoped for.
There was plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, so we could purchase fresh foods for our meals. There were a number of good restaurants that had good food for reasonable prices.
We will certainly plan to stay here again on our next trip to the island of Hawaii.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay’s private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy eight sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you’re ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.