We came here hoping for more, but expecting less. We stayed on points for five nights and tried to use our Suite Night Upgrade, but they were not able to accommodate us. However, they did put us in an amazing room where we could watch the Manta Rays from our Lanai at night. We were also close to Ray's which has nightly live music. We loved being able to watch the Manta Rays and listen to the music. We could not hear the music in the room with the door closed.
The room is normal enough with a comfortable bed. The lanai is not large but plenty big for two with a table and two chairs. The WiFi is kind of iffy and a hassle to connect on Androids, but does work at least most of the time after you figure it out. If you cannot connect, forget the network and try again. They also gave us complimentary valet parking since we are Platinum members. The only real gotcha is that they told my wife that a breakfast buffet was $10 per person since we were Platinum. It cost us $45 for two breakfasts. We didn't go back. We did a snorkeling trip leaving from Keauhou Bay, which is just a short walk from the hotel. Yuki our concierge was very nice and booked this trip and a Manta Ray trip up by the Airport which was incredible. One day leaving the resort, we saw two mongoose playing in the road. We stopped and one went one way, the second went to the other side. They are so fuzzy looking and cute. Watch out for them.
Normally, the $30 resort fee would be an automatic 1 star deduction for me, but the room more than made up for it.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Kailua Kona
- Sheraton Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Sheraton
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa At Keauhou Bay Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the diversity of Hawaii's Big Island with family and friends at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa. From stargazing atop majestic Mauna Kea to tours of nearby Kona Coffee farms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Olotels, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.