Frankly I don't understand all the rave reviews the Kona Sugar Shack gets. Yes the accomodation is nice, but the location is awful.
Check the map and you will see that it faces directly onto Alii Dr, a noisy two lane race track of a road. Quietly sitting by the pool while tour buses fly by a few feet away just isn't my idea of a relaxing vacation. If you want a little quiet you have to go somewhere else during the day. And bring ear plugs if you want to sleep at night (Fortunately we had some). For the price, I just can't recommend the Sugar Shack. We won't be back.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Sugar Shack Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sugar Shack Hotel
- Kona Sugar Shack Kailua
- Kona Sugar Shack Hotel Kailua
- Kona Sugar Shack Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Kona Sugar Shack" is a lovely traditional Hawaiian style home/specialty lodging surrounded by lush tropical gardens. From several of the spacious lanais you can watch migratory whales, spinner dolphins,kayakers and spectacular Hawaiian sunsets. Relax in the waterfall pool while you sip a Mai Tai,BBQ fresh fish and let the weight of the world slip away. The home is located within a one minute walk of White Sands beach and the Ocean Views are incredible.Special features include. :Water fall Ocean view pool: Several private suites, which when combined can accommodate up to 20 guest: Brazilian hardwood and tile floors, Lime Stone counter tops : Laundry room with propane commercial coin operated washers and dryers: Photovoltaic , net metered panels: Solar water heater ; Large Studio/Storage on lower level: Low voltage exterior lighting: A/C units in all bedrooms : Tile shower stalls: Security cameras. Carport + rear parking total 8 parking spaces: The Kona Sugar Shack has been consistently near or at the top for Specialty Lodging facilities on Trip Advisor: This unique vacation home features antiques furniture and original artwork. ... more less