We chose this hotel for a quick overnight in Seattle for our daughter's birthday.
Based on the decent reviews here, we figured this hotel would be a good option. 2 Bedrooms, Seattle, close to shopping....we didn't need fancy, and the price was right.
When we checked in, the staff were very nice and polite. Our room (a 2 room suite) was actually located behind the hotel in another building. Hmmm.....
From what I could gather, it looks like the hotel purchased a portion of the apartment complex behind them, and I'm pretty certain these rooms haven't been updated yet.
On the plus side, there were 2 actual bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living/dining area.
However, the carpets were nasty and had staining (?) or worse in them. I wouldn't let the girls take off their shoes. The couch had no back cushions, and the upholstery all-around needed to be re-done. The bathroom had rust and mold in it. The walls had something on them, and I didn't want to know any more than that. The rooms itself was in a dark area with a view of a retaining wall out the front, and the rest of the apartment complex out the back.
I forgot to ask, but I think several of the other tenants in this part of the hotel were longer-term guests. This didn't feel like the 'quick, overnight' portion of the property.
We didn't even unpack. I was looking for some place else to go before we set our things down.
Fortunately, the staff were wonderful. Even though we checked in later (after 7), they completely refunded our room without hesitation. While not apologetic for the room, they also did not question us at all.
So 5 stars for the staff, 1+ star for the actual room.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Seattle University Hotel
- Travelodge Seattle University Hotel Seattle
- Travelodge Seattle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just two blocks from the University of Washington and right across the street from a major shopping center with easy access to all of downtown Seattle's finest attractions. This is a TOTALLY NON-SMOKING facility. Large families, business travelers and extended stay guests really love our reasonably-priced yet spacious one and two bedroom apartment style rooms featuring a full kitchen, separate dining and living areas, plenty of closet space and a balcony. Utensils available upon request. There's something for everyone at the Travelodge Seattle University located a couple of blocks from the University of Washington! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Travelodge Seattle University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.