We recently stayed at The Holiday Express Anchorage for the second time and the stay was comfortable and fairly priced for the area. The staff are all friendly and helpful and the breakfast for the most part is good. The only minor problems were at check in. I had previously requested a room on the top floor and we were given a room on the second floor. The receptionist told us that there were no rooms cleaned, we said we would wait. She then switched us to a room on the top floor that she said was reserved for someone else. We thanked her and headed to the room. Someone chased after us on the third floor and explained that they had already given that room out. After a few brief moments going back and forth in the hallway, they found us another clean room on that floor.
Another very minor complaint involves the breakfast. The selection is usually pretty good but this time they had the same type of omelets all four days we were there. Some more variety would be nice.
All and all, our stay was nice, comfortable and we wil definitely stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Anchorage Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Anchorage
- Anchorage Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Anchorage Alaska
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport is conveniently located just 1 mile from the Ted Steven s Anchorage International Airport and 10 minutes from Anchorage s historic downtown district, with all the major shopping and fine dinning restaurants. Take a ride on the Alaska Railroad, see the starting line of the world famous Iditarod trail, kids can play at the Imaginarium or H2Oais Indoor Water Park. Attend events at the Egan Center, the Sullivan Arena,the new Dena ina Civic & Convention Center or Anchorage s Performing Arts Center. Alyeska Ski Resort and the town of Girdwood are a short drive south on the New Seward Highway, along the Turnagain Arm where you can look out for wildlife such as moose, Dall sheep and the bald eagle. But if you don t see them on the road, you can visit the Alaska Zoo or Big Game Alaska Wildlife Center. Surrounding companies include, BP Exploration, Conoco Phillips, North Slope Telecom, Inc., and Arctic Slope Regional Corp. The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport has 129 smartly appointed guestrooms, with microwaves and refrigerators in all rooms, Free wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, 24 hour airport shuttle, and our Express Start Breakfast Bar featuring our world famous cinnamon rolls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.