We've stayed at this property in the past while in Anchorage. The rooms are big with separate living & sleeping areas, two TV's, a couch, desk, mini fridge, microwave & coffee maker.
I don't drink coffee, but I did notice that there was only a single packet of decaf coffee provided. I'm sure this was a simple oversight by housekeeping and a phone call to the front desk would've fixed it if you were looking for some caffeine.
The breakfast is good. They had scrambled eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes, cereal, waffles, toast, and bagels. In the past they've had bacon, but not this time. And they only had two choices of cereal. Still, it's ten times better than what some hotels call "breakfast."
The pool is tiny and was crowded both times we went to use it. The work out room has only three pieces of equipment that are in need of updating.
The room was clean, check in & out was efficient. The parking lot is too small & shared with a nearby restaurant.
The hotel does sit on a busy street, as do most of the hotels in downtown Anchorage.
You could do much worse than staying here.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Suites Downtown Hotel
- Clarion Suites Downtown Hotel Anchorage
- Hawthorn Suites Anchorage
- Anchorage Hawthorn Suites
- Clarion Suites Downtown Anchorage, Alaska
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Otel, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Clarion Suites Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.