We stayed in Richmond on our way to visit family in South Carolina. Per TripAdvisor reviews we chose to stay at Crowne Plaza. After an exhausting trip down Rt 95 we checked in the hotel around 9pm. Front desk service was good although desk clerk did not seem to know the area very well. Room was city view , king bed with nice size bathroom. The fridge, microwave and coffee machine was a very nice touch. Room was small but clean with great comfortable bed.
The hotel is only a few blocks from the Canal walk which we did following dinner (Tarrants).
Parking was in an underground garage, well lighted with elevator access to main lobby and was FREE. Good on and off access to I95 also. Overall very nice I would stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown Hotel Richmond
- Crowne Plaza Richmond
- Richmond Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown and discover all that downtown Richmond has to offer. You are in the heart of the financial district, shopping, dining, and entertainment. You are within easy walking distance of Shockoe Slip, Shockoe Bottom and many of Virginia s Fortune 500 Companies.The Crowne Plaza overlooks the newly restored Canal Walk and the Tredegar Civil War Museum. We are centrally located to many of Richmond's attractions with convenient access to Interstates 95 and 64, only 9.8 miles from Richmond International Airport. You will have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Complimentary high-speed Internet, business center, and 7 layers of comfort bedding mean every night is a great night and every day starts right. Considering these options, the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown is the superior choice when deciding on a facility that has style and class, yet is ideal in location for anyone. Now open The Great Room proudly serving Starbucks Coffee, fresh pastries, gourmet sandwiches and soups, The Great Room features soft seating, large screen TV, wired and wireless free high-speed Internet connections--a great place to start or end your day! Attractions: The Carpenter Center for Performing Arts, Landmark Theatre, the Governor s Mansion, Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, Richmond Ballet, Richmond Convention Center, Virginia Science Museum, Shockoe Slip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.