My partner an i have just returned from our holiday July 17th to 31st 2012 at Club Salina Wharf, this was to complete a package which we purchased last summer which was due to expire end of August.
After my last review (wild life of malta)we were heading to Club Salina Warf with some trepidation, and of course things had not changed much. We where placed in room 130 which is on ground floor on the right side of the complex.In general the room was of a fair standard however on closer inspection i noticed broken tiles along the sink front, also several items were missing from the room which were mentioned on the room check list, would we have been billed on leaving for the said items had i not checked? who knows, so check. Also a very uncomfortable fold out bed, but over all the room was not bad.
Our problems started at 07.30 the next morning when we were awoken by the noise of loud banging, scraping and talking by workmen right out side the bedroom window. Had this been an olympic sport these guys would have been gold medal winners,the vigour with which they layed into the wall with the sledge beggered belief,Having brought this matter to a hotel rep i was informed that the work needed done and it was all part of the improvements. "seriously" this work was of a cosmetic nature namely removeing old plaster and replaceing it with new and was not urgent and could have be done in the quiet months, not peak season with guests in situe. Yet this noise continued for the whole of our stay. We were also woken at 08.00 on sunday by cleaners preping the room for the next guests, moving furniture etc. Taking into consideration the nature of there business this hotel is in, have they completely lost the concept of rest and relaxation?.
Yes the vultures are still there namely time share reps, there approach is still the same and yes they still do not know what NO means, be advised keep walking we saw a steady stream of people still going in for the time share talk , on your own head be it.
I find it hard to believe that anybody can find anything good to say about this place yet we still see it in reviews , ok you may think i am being biased if so go stay there, have a wonderfull time if you can but if it turns into a nitemare you were warned.
Overall nothing much has changed from our last visit and i dought it will any time soon, we wont be back and we our so glad we our not tied into this place for ANY duration,attention to detail seems to be smothered by the drive to sell time share which is a pity as it would be so easy to fix, and not as costly to remedy as we were led to believe.
- Also Known As:
- Club Salina Wharf Hotel
- Club Salina Wharf Hotel Qawra
- Club Salina Wharf Malta/Qawra
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where family comfort meets the true splendor of the Mediterranean. Club Salina Wharf offers you a superior vacation, with all the facilities and necessities for a wonderful and relaxed holiday. It combines luxurious accommodation with plenty of amenities whether you are looking for a quiet getaway or a fun-filled vacation. The tranquil resort is located just two minutes walk from the inviting ...blue Mediterranean Qawra Front, a diving school and water sports facilities. The surrounding area known as Bugibba is bustling with a variety of restaurants, nightclubs, bars, a cinema complex, bingo hall, children’s activities, seaside promenade, shops and a casino.In-house facilities ensure you feel completely at home here. Relax by our indoor and outdoor pools, be entertained in our pub, well fed in our restaurant and welcomed by our friendly staff. Everything you require for your stress- free break is right here on your doorstep. General Information: At Club Salina Wharf we realize how much your holiday means to you and have tailored the resort to include the luxuries and facilities that guests appreciate most:• Outdoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Heated indoor swimming pool with adjoining children’s pool• Jacuzzis- Sauna• Billiard & games room• Internet Cafe• Outdoor competitions (seasonal), - Swimming races, Treasure hunts, Darts, Crafts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Club Salina Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.