I booked a junior suite for four nights for a business trip. When I checked everything went smooth. I then went to my room and found that it was just a normal room, even though I paid for a suite.
Going back to the main desk I was informed they had no suites that evening and they would move me to one the next day. Since I was here on business I really didn't have time for a move.
Also since I stay at Marriott properties over 80+ nights a year, I am supposed to be guaranteed the room I book.
After spending about 20 minutes, trying to get my room straightened out, they told me they would put me up in the presidential suite. The only negative was that once again I would have to move on the third day. I decided to take the room and took my luggage to my room.
The presidential suite is huge, but it is also very old and one of the few rooms that have not been upgraded. I will attach photos in a few days.
On the third day I moved into a Junior suite, which was a nice room and had been updated.
Overall my stay was ok, the staff was friendly and did their best.
Next time I will most likely staff at the Hilton.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Atlanta Downtown Hotel
- Marriott Atlanta Downtown Hotel Atlanta
- Marriott Atlanta
- Wyndham Atlanta
- Atlanta Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience exciting downtown Atlanta at the stylish DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown. Walk to many downtown attractions such as Georgia Aquarium, Georgia World Congress Center, Georgia Dome and many other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.