I stayed here for just a night, in my quest to find a good Hilton property in Atlanta (besides my beloved Buckhead Embassy Suites). I found this hotel to be rather ho-hum. I couldn't help but think, this is pretty decent for a Holiday Inn. As for it being a Doubletree? Well, it was on the low end of that spectrum.
1. They didn't have cookies at check-in. Of course, that's not a real problem, but if that's the defining attribute of your hotel, shouldn't you have them available?
2. Front desk staff was pleasant.
3. Elevators were ugly. Sure, they had renovated the hotel somewhat recently, but why skimp and not do the elevators? Harsh fluorescent lighting and gray formica walls? Very unstylish and outdated. Looked like a government office.
4. The room was tiny. It had everything I needed, but it was shaped like a piece of pie and very cramped.
5. THEY DO NOT HAVE WIRELESS INTERNET. THEY DO NOT HAVE WIRELESS INTERNET! Perhaps they do not understand that people actually have devices that cannot plug into the clunky internet cable in the room. This is a huge flaw for a business hotel. HUGE FLAW. And the charge for it! Luckily, I'm Diamond, so I get to use the Flintstones-era internet hookup for free.
6. There is a nice big new TV in the room, however.
7. The bathroom is satisfactory.
8. There appears to be an abandoned Executive Lounge up on the top floor. How sad they don't have this for the HHonors Gold and Diamond folks. It could've led me to give you more filled in circles.
9. I *may* be forgetting, but I seem to recall a lack of good outlets. Again, this is 2012. You need LOTS of outlets in easy to find locations.
10. There is a very sad little swimming pool out back with harsh bare light bulbs and no lounge furniture, just a few forgotten chairs and a table. That afterthought should be turned into parking - at least it'd be more beautiful that way.
There was a very nice guy working overnight and in the wee hours of the morning, and he did accommodate our need to return to our rooms after checking out. I greatly appreciated that. In fact, that service was so good, I'd almost go back because they were so friendly with that. BUT the physical plant just disappointed me. Most importantly, as a business traveler, I want good internet and a little more space to stretch out. They could manage to spend money on a sign with the new logo, but not on wireless internet. Ho hum!
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Atlanta
- Doubletree Atlanta
- Atlanta Doubletree
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Olotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.