FIRST, WHAT YOU WANT/NEED TO KNOW:
We had been upgraded to a suite as we were the parents of the groom so all the amenities that I am going to mention are in a suite.
1. Hair dryer present and located in the drawer in the bathroom
2. In-room safe – the safe is located in one of the closets and locked with a key which you will need to carry around with you.
3. Suite has 2 full bathrooms – master bathroom has jetted tub and stand up shower – second or guest bathroom has tub/shower
4. Lighted makeup mirror wall mounted in the second bathroom (not a great mirror and lighting on the mirror is poor)
5. Master bedroom has 2 small closets
6. Robes in master closet
7. Suite has 2 large flat screen TV’s (the master TV had video inputs on a side panel on the dresser for easy access
8. No full-length mirror anywhere in the suite (kind of annoying when you are getting dressed for a wedding)
9. Bed was good but furnishings though nice, are a bit tired looking
10. The Ballroom is absolutely beautiful with large hanging chandeliers and rich looking carpet (they only have one ballroom which means you get all of the attention - They do have other meeting rooms though and will have more than one event going on at the hotel at any given time - but only one ballroom)
11. Area outside the ballroom is long and narrow and seemed a bit crowded but manageable for just under 200 guests for cocktails and appetizers
12. Bathrooms are on the same level as the ballroom and the hotel had put hospitality baskets of necessities in both the men and the women’s restroom (very lovely and classy touch)
13. Dinner service was white gloved
14. All the food was delivered to each person at the table at the same time
15. Chef was amazing to work with (more in the discussion)
16. Appetizers had a little bit of difficulty getting from one side of the room to the other due to the number of people in the room and the fact that all the appetizers come out of one door
17. Nice toiletries, shampoo, conditioner, soap, shower cap, shower gel
18. Phone in master bathroom
19. Stocked min-bar refrigerator located in the room
This hotel, in my never to be humble opinion, is one of the best kept secrets in Atlanta to have a wedding. It has the feel of a small hotel in Europe. It is small and quite lovely. Our son did not want that sterile, commercial hotel feel and you sure do not get it at this hotel. Even the elevators have small crystal chandeliers in them. Every thing says class here.
The staff is incredible and are always eager to help. One time I was standing at the elevator waiting on someone to come down from their room and no less than 3 individual staff persons asked if they could help me in any way. Security is also very tight. You need a room key to access any floors with rooms on them. At one time I needed to get into my room. I went to the front desk and asked for a key. I was asked to provide ID however it was locked in my room. The front desk person accompanied me to my room and checked my ID there. They always have lemonade and jellybeans in the lobby for guests.
The valet staff was always welcoming me “home” when I arrived back at the hotel and when I left several people asked if I needed directions anywhere. Since we were there for our son’s wedding, my car was always full of things being brought to the hotel. The valet staff was always quick to jump in and offer assistance and never lingered around waiting on tips. I often times had to go and hunt the person down to express my gratitude with a tip. Bottles of cold water and towels await any guests outside at the valet stand upon their return from a jog.
Chef, as mentioned above, was a delight to work with. We had some strict dietary requirements and he provided a list of all ingredients used in every dish for the dinner. He asked questions when he was unsure about a food item. He personally described every dish we had at the tasting prior to the wedding. He put great thought and effort into the food presentations which were artfully done. For example, our salad was wrapped in a slice of peeled cucumber and the dressing was placed on the side of the dish in a shot glass. It made a beautiful presentation. As a matter of fact, everything was beautifully done as one would expect at the Ritz. The captain of the waiters came up to my husband at the wedding dinner and told him that he wanted everything to be perfect and if it wasn’t he wanted to be told so that he could correct any problem.
We asked for late checkout and received it without anyone batting an eye.
As I mentioned above we had been upgraded to a suite. The room and bathrooms were clean. However, when packing to leave, I did find a pair of shoes under the bed which did not belong to us. This meant that that location had not been checked, vacuumed or cleaned anytime recently as we were there for several days. The only real complaints that I had were the fact that the towels in no way were plush and the shower door would leak if it wasn’t closed very tightly. You would think that the Ritz would have thick, plush bath towels. Turn down service was performed every night with chocolates left on our pillows.
We had a hospitality room that was open to our guests during the weekend. A staff person monitored it, taking care of the trash, bringing more ice, etc. without us having to ask for anything to be done. Our guests were very impressed with the care that was taken to keep the room clean.
The price of the rooms vary according to what events are going on in town when you happen to be staying at the hotel. Some friends of one of my sons got married 2 weekends before our wedding and the room rate was $20 cheaper. So the moral of the story is if you are able to be flexible with your dates you might get a better room rate. So do ask.
Overall the wedding was absolutely beautiful and went off without a hitch. The service was excellent and food outstanding as were the staff. A big shout out and special recognition to Chef whose assistance and care was much appreciated!
I will be very happy to answer any questions.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC