We looked at this motel on line and were fooled by the pictures. We wanted oceanveiw room with jacuzzi tub, which they could accomadate for $140, it sounded great, but what a disappointment. The grounds were trashy, cleanliness of the motel was poor, dirty carpets, unsightly pool and spa area. Staff consisted of one young girl trying to do everything herself, checkin, laundry, answer phones, etc. Not really her fault, but she was not very professional or knowledgeable. She said there was wifi in the rooms, but our room was too far away from the router so it did't work. We checked in on a Saturday evening and there was no managment there all weekend. When we found little black bugs crawling all over the shower in our room I thought it was time for a discount or compensation, but the new girl at the counter could not do anything for us exept take down our complaints and phone # so the manager could call us, never got a call or so much as a sorry from anyone. Don't be deceived by the pics or prices, it's a dump.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Oceanfront Hotel
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, positioned only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less