My husband and I met my parents here for one evening. We booked two rooms and they honored our request for the rooms to be close together. We arrived a hour and a half before check-in - and let them know we wanted the rooms ready. They stated that they were full the night before and were working on getting our room - we gave them our # to call when it was ready. We changed into pool clothes and waited by the pool. They did not call to let us know the room was ready. I only found out during a bathroom run through the lobby an hour and a half later.
Upon checking into our room, we noticed my parents room had a service cart and was being prepared. My parents arrived shortly after we were let into our room - only to be told the room was not ready. It took an additional TWO HOURS to have their room ready.... Unacceptable.
Additionally, once my mom was in the room, she called to have a shower cap delivered. Instead - they brought a PILE of towels. My parents thanked room service - and again asked for a shower cap. The next time they were brought a stack of coffee... They gave up on the shower cap.
The rooms are very large, well appointed, and the beds are some of the most comfortable I've slept in. Our room had a fireplace, and no tub, parents room had tub and no fireplace. There is some variability in the rooms - so if there is something you really want - make sure you ask. Both of our rooms had nice private patios facing the parking lot - -shrubbery provided privacy.. there are some patios that face the inner walkway... not so private if that matters to you.
Happy hour is one of the best deals in town... drinks are a little pricey - but 4 people ate well (only sodas) for $32. Food was great and all half priced - service extremely slow - they seemed quite understaffed. They offer free mussels (3 in an amazing broth) during the last half hour of happy hour... although the wait staff asked if we wanted mussels an hour before they were brought out. Gets you anticipating wanting them and having to wait an hour...
Breakfast was also very good -- service again was a tad slow - -and we thought it was odd that egg dishes required ordering toast separately for an additional couple of bucks....
Overall - really quaint place - - MOST COMFORTABLE BEDS EVER.... good food.... cute and with character... but they HAVE TO WORK ON CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On The Desert Hotel Tucson
- Lodge On The Desert Hotel
- Hotel On The Desert
- On The Desert Tucson
- Lodge On The Desert Tucson, Arizona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 103-room boutique hotel is situated on five acres in mid-town Tucson, AZ and appeals to leisure and business travelers alike. Plus with event spaces for up to 175 guests, Lodge on the Desert is popular for small to mid-size meetings and intimate social gatherings. An Arizona landmark and Tucson tradition renowned for its intimate residential setting and genial hospitality, here guests discover pathways meandering among regal palms, native cacti and manicured lawns wrapped in ribbons of seasonal flowers. Charming hacienda-style accommodations afford guests a sanctuary in which to retreat and relax. It is truly Tucson's urban oasis. And considered by many to be the Old Pueblo's mid-town masterpiece. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Lodge on the Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.