When we arrived the desk clerk informed us that our internet booking site had failed to contact them with our changed reservation, so we were charged for the no-show a few days earlier. However, the clerk very kindly credited us for the missed date and otherwise checking in was efficient and easy. The layout of the hotel is a bit odd, with rooms in clusters that open onto a central courtyard. The biggest complaint we have is related to a large group of people who were apparently attending a religious conference of some kind. The group included loads of children and rude adults and they swarmed the breakfast room like locusts for the first two hours it was offered on both Saturday and Sunday. It was impossible to get any coffee or food while they were there. Worse still was the group's taking over of the spa and pool; and the staff did not manage the group well at all. Despite posted pool hours from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., the group was allowed to remain in the pool, yelling and making noise, until well after 10:00 p.m. We were very happy not to have been in a room close to the pool. Plus, after the group left the pool area the night staff did nothing to clean up the incredible mess they left behind, with towels everywhere, glasses, bottles and cans, papers, etc. I walked to the lobby for some coffee around 5:00 a.m. the next day and the mess was still sitting there. It was truly offensive that the staff let the group overwhelm the place and cause such chaos. We couldn't use or enjoy the pool at all while we were in Tucson so we simply stayed away. The hotel does offer a happy hour near the pool area, with inexpensive beers and soft drinks and free chips and salsa, but if a bunch of yahoos are running amuck it's impossible to enjoy and definitely not relaxing. We might stay here again someday but will call first to see if any large groups have booked a stay there, too, and if so, we'll go elsewhere. The hotel seemed very ill-prepared to handle a large group and all the other guests at the hotel suffered as a result.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites At Sabino Canyon Hotel
- Comfort Suites At Sabino Canyon Hotel Tucson
- Comfort Suites Tucson
- Comfort Suites Sabino Canyon
- Tucson Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites At Sabino Canyon Tucson, Arizona
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.