I am a Platinum Marriott member and chose this Marriott in Flagstaff due to the price versus the sister locations Springhill Suites and Courtyard. The Fairfield was the lowest price of the three. We knew we would be at the hotel for only the evening after a full day touring the Grand Canyon so we didn't need a lot. We had stayed at the Springhill Suites a couple years ago with no issues.
On booking online the red flag on room size came up when they only had two doubles and not queens available. Needing space for my sister's family two queen and a cot seemed like the standard way to go. However, it was noted a cot could not be put in the two doubles room due to fire code restrictions and an air bed would be the extra bed in the king room. We went with the king and the airbed for my sister's family and my wife and I stayed in a king bed room as well.
As noted in other reviews the rooms are incredibly small. They are well appointed with all the normal ammenities but things are very tight and cramed into the room. The bathroom is equally as small. The bed was a bit firmer than we wouild have preferred but after a long day of sightseeing we were very tired so it is a minor negative.
On the plus side the water pressure in the shower was excellent. We did not use the pool. Breakfast is your standard hotel breakfast in a what could be considered, again, a smallish breakfast area. Staff service and all the rest was average plus so no issues there.
Being so close to the Grand Canyon allows Flagstaff hotels to charge a bit of a premium and is how I feel about this hotel. We paid $109 + tax for a $69 - $79 room any where else off the tourist beat. You can stay at the Grand Canyon for an additional premium to Flagstaff hotels on the rooms but we have always come back to Flagstaff as there are significantly more dining and shopping options.
If you are staying for a long term or with several family / children in Flagstaff I would not recommend this hotel for the sole purpose of room size. Like us, if you need an evening and a night's rest before the next stop on the road this location is fine.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Flagstaff Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff
- Fairfield Flagstaff
- Flagstaff Fairfield
- Flagstaff Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn Flagstaff North America
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the cool mountain pines of beautiful Northern Arizona, the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Flagstaff offers warm, personalized service along with cozy rooms in the classic Fairfield Inn design. Experience all the wonderful sites and breath taking monuments that surround the city of Flagstaff. The Grand Canyon, Sedona's Red Rocks, Walnut Canyon and Sunset Crater are all within a short drive from the hotel. Flagstaff's popular local attractions include the Lowell Observatory, Arizona Snowbowl, Route 66, Riordan Mansion and the Arboretum. The hotel is conveniently situated within walking distance of numerous restaurants. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff take pride in providing you with all the resources you need to plan the perfect adventure. Let us be your hub for a wonderful Northern Arizona Experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Fairfield Inn Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.