We stayed one week at the Waikiki Marina Resort the beginning of June. This resort is operated by Shell Vacations (timeshare group) and is located in the Ilikai (which is part of the Aqua Hotels chain). Having stayed here twice before under the Ilikai management, we were already familiar with the facility, location, amenities, etc. Needless to say, we like everything about it and that is why we did not hesitate to choose it again. Although we are not members of Shell Vacations we were able to find the best rate for the facility by booking under Waikiki Marina Resort through a travel website.
The studio room was good size, nicely decorated and comfortable - full kitchen, eating area, bathroom w/shower, living area w/sleeper sofa and two full-size beds. The bedding/linens were fresh and plenty of towels were provided. The entire unit was impeccably clean. Free wireless interent is provided. Laundry facilities are located near the elevators
Just like our previous stays, every employee we encountered was friendly, pleasant and helpful. They definitely surpassed the hotel customer service we have received during any of our prior visits to Honolulu.
One of the reasons we prefer this facility is because of the location - it is at the Ala Moana end of Waikiki, away from the noise and congestion of the main drag (Kalakaua Ave.) but still close enough that just a 10-15 minute walk puts you in the middle of all the ruckus. The beach is right out the back of the hotel and you have easy access to the freeway and public transportation.
The concierge can quickly find just about any activity or service you are looking for and at a very reasonable price. Because the Waikiki Marina Resort is part of a timeshare group, expect to be politely asked if you are interested in attending a "membership seminar". There was no pressure and you are not obligated to do so. We declined and it did not have any impact on our stay whatsoever.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Marina Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Marina Hotel
- Aqua Marina
- Hotel Waikiki Marina
- Waikiki Marina Honolulu
- Aqua Marina Hotel
- Waikiki Marina Resort Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your own paradise at the highly rated Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai, which provides the perfect setting for your next Hawaiian getaway. Here you’ll find spacious and beautifully appointed 500 sq ft studio suite accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, private furnished balconies, a swimming pool, day spa, onsite restaurants, 24/7 fitness center, various shops and most importantly NO RESORT FEES. Impeccable service and warm island hospitality is provided at the second floor registration office for Shell Vacations. Overlooking the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, the eco-concious vacation ownership resort is adjacent to award-winning Duke Kahanamoku lagoon and beach park. An easy stroll to Waikiki Beach where the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean lap the soft sand. Stay here for all the comforts of home and realize a better way to vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Waikiki Marina Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.