With two children - ages 6 and 1, convenience was key on our 2 week vacation to Hawaii and the Aston proved to be a wonderful home away from home. The location was perfect, close to everything and a short 10 second walk across the street until you hit the soft sand and waves. Restaurants are close by as is any shop you'd like. Waikiki Beach is one of the most expensive and most touristy spots in all of Hawaii, but if even just for visiting Pearl Harbor and spending the day on the beach, it's worth it.
The housekeeping was fantastic and very accommodating. The front desk staff and valets would go out of their way with any requests. I'd forgotten the mouse for my laptop and they lent me one. My daughters "camera" ran out of AA batteries and they brought one right up. Extra pillows, more coffee, sugars, silverware..... no problem.
The extra room in the suite was wonderful and the balconies are a great plus to listen to the sounds of the waves and watch the sunset.
The cost, for this kind of space and location, is extremely affordable.
Now, for the down side and I almost don't want to mention it as I know the amazing management will want to read and respond but, it's a fact - this hotel is one of the older hotels. I'm not sure if all hotels in Waikiki are not modern, but you should not arrive here expecting the Four Seasons. It's along the same line as a mid-level Hilton. I'd say 3-3.5 stars, certainly not any less than that. The Wi-Fi, although it gave consistent signal, was spotty at times. Nothing concerning though as you shouldn't be sitting around in Hawaii on your computer or phone :) The HVAC system was incredibly loud until we called the front desk and, as always, they arrived promptly and sorted out the problem (a blocked pipe or something) and it quieted down. Even so, the forced air coming out of the vents at times vibrated enough to make the doors vibrate in their frames. The tiling in the bathroom has discoloration in some spots. The appliances and fixtures, including the toilet and the vanities are dated. Not pastel-colors dated, but more like 1980's or early 90's.
To make this hotel more "modern" would take a massive overhauling which would be both expensive and time consuming - which would make the hotel unavailable for months on end AND make room rates higher, both of which are unacceptable for a location and price like this. So, the only thing you can do is check in with the expectation that there may be some hiccups along the way but absolutely nothing that the amazing staff won't handle promptly and courteously.
It's Hawaii - just relax!! :-)
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hotel Honolulu
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Tower
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach
- Waikiki Beach Tower
- Aston Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Waikiki's most luxurious condominium resorts, Aston Waikiki Beach Tower provides the perfect combination of condominium living and exclusive hotel-quality service. Conveniently located near the center of Waikiki's main stretch, the hotel offers easy access to an eclectic mix of shopping, dining, activities and exciting nightlife. The resort is also just steps away from a wide variety of ocean activities from surfing to snorkeling and parasailing to sunset cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.