My husband and I stayed at the Circle for a week in May. We've stayed here a few times now and do so because of the fabulous location and the view from the room - has to be Ocean Front. Can't beat looking out the window when you wake up and seeing Diamond Head, palm trees and the ocean. Ahhhhhhh.
The front desk staff were helpful and allowed us to check in early (saving us having to kill time hanging around on the street after a long flight). They don't have wifi yet, but apparently it is coming. Parking was a pain, and we ended up parking at an alternative site (cost less too). The room servicing staff missed leaving coffee for us a couple of times, and took us pulling up the sheets on the beds as them already being made, therefore not making the beds. The room was clean and the refurbishment is good. Pity they didn't replace the outdoor furniture too (our glass table was badly cracked). The two double beds make the room look much smaller and an option of a queen bed only would have been good and given us more room. Double beds aren't great for two people to sleep in either, so we slept in separate beds!! (Slept well, but not very romantic!!)
Yes, you only get a room - there's no pool or bar - but the beach is across the road and you can visit any bar at any hotel you like. You really can't beat the price for the location and the view. And yes, it does get noisy, but every hotel I've stayed at in Waikiki is noisy - there are so many ABC shops receiving deliveries first thing in the morning that you really can't avoid the noise.
Didn't understand the attraction and the long lines for the Eggs and Things restaurant - food didn't look great and it wasn't that cheap. Plus it was an "Eggspress" express restaurant so there was no time to relax and enjoy... Give me Maccas with complimentary pineapple any day!
My only gripes about this hotel were the newspaper delivery person who insisted on slamming the complimentary newspapers down in front of each door at 4:30am every morning (very noisy guy) and the awful bacon smell that wafts up occasionally from the Eggs and Things on the ground floor.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Circle
- Waikiki Circle Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Waikiki Circle
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki's best value - directly across from Waikiki Beach. This whimsical ocean-themed hotel's distinctive circular shape offers panoramic views and great rates surrounded by shopping, dining and ocean activities. All rooms have private lanais, most with an ocean view. Playful ambiance, beach proximity and affordability make this hotel a much sought-after jewel in Waikiki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Loews Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.