We like the location. A bit noisy on the balcony because of traffic, but hey it's Waikiki.
The hotel/condo building staff were extremely nice and nothing but good things to say in that regard.
We knew the hotel pool would be closed and we weren't there to swim in a pool anyway, so it didn't bother us.
Great to have laundry facilities and a small store on the 6th floor opened until midnight.
Pro's. It was cheap and had everything we needed. Car rental place on the premises and a cafe.
Con's. Noisy old air-conditioning units in the suite. House cleaning lady was nice, but inconsistent.
One day no towels for the kitchen, next day patio table not cleaned and not once was our bathroom sink's soap dish cleaned. Minor stuff to me, but might drive someone crazy.
Also we had to buy wine glasses, a normal sized frying pan and a corkscrew all of which we left for the next guest. This things should be standard with a kitchen.
The hotel seems to be going through a transition. You see a lot of normal everyday travellers, but also some sketchy folks coming and going. Harmless enough, but might disturb some folks.
Wi-fi is only available in some suites, depends on the owner of your suite. They should make it mandatory for all owners to have wi-fi for all guest. We had wi-fi and it worked very well.
The reno's…well…to fit in a kitchenette it was obvious they took space from the bathroom, however for the price it was great having a kitchenette for some meals.
Also to be honest it looks like someone's brother-in-law did them. Carpet was bunching a bit in our room, tap too big for small kitchen sink etc. That said it did the job.
If you aren't wanting to spend much and expect much, then this place will work.
We enjoyed it…to a degree.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Island Colony Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Island Colony
- Aqua Island Colony
- Aqua Island Colony Hotel
- Island Colony
- Island Colony Hotel
- Aqua Skyline At Island Colony Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated Aqua Skyline at Island Colony infuses the Honolulu cityscape with contemporary urban design in an ideal location just 2 blocks to the beach and near Waikiki’s best shopping and dining. The tallest building in Waikiki, this soaring 44-story hotel features modern 3-star accommodations and spectacular panoramic views of Waikiki’s skyline and Diamond Head. Renovated studios and suites provide calming city retreats appointed with modern décor, deluxe bedding, kitchenettes with granite countertops and stovetops, spacious balconies and 40” flat screen LCD TVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Aqua Hospitality , Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Skyline at Island Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.