The 5 days we spent there were a huge disappointement, this hotel is worse than a 3 star place.
I had my money stolen from the wallet and the management argued that the safe was open and they could not do anything about it! Never happened in a 5 star places ever in my life, even if money was left on top of the table! Service is disappointing! My room was done at 7 pm in the evening and the answer from the staff was that they had too many arrivallll!!!! The management told me that staff said we wanted the room to be done at that time....ahahah, which means the staff lies and the management just believe them. Ever seen a client asking for the room to be done at 7 pm? They always disturb you via phone or to check the mini bar at unreasonable time, even if you phone the reception and ask them to not disturb. Quite invasive, no privacy. It is normal for them to show up at 3 pm and check the minibar..There is no service at the pool/beach.You have to carry your own towel and return them at night or else you will not get them the day after.The food is of extremly low quality, and even on half-board you have to pay a supplement for the decent dishes. Flies are all over the places. Kids got stomachache two days consecutively and we had to have basic food made on purpose for them. Our kids never have any problem and we travel a lot. We always asked the butler to have dinner ready for the kids at a certain time, every day reminding the basic menu and the time to the chef and always had to wait one hour at the restaurant to get the meal ready (grilled chicken and boiled rice which usually if made express can take 20 mins!). It may take one hour to get a bottle of water at the restaurant and we stopped order wine since it was also coming end of the dinner..non sense!
The rooms are sort of darkish and not very well maintained, we had lizards inside most of the time. I manage to get a pillow which was confortable after asking a few times and the day after the pillow was removed...and the butler told me he gave it to the room next to us with no explanation! In conclusion, it's not a place where to stay, definitely not a 5 stars
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf Hotel
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Le Telfair Hotel
- Hotel Le Telfair
- Le Telfair
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort offers a variety of luxury accommodation in a discrete village design with 20 different villas of 6 or 8 rooms. 158 rooms and suites have beautiful sea views or river views with floor to ceiling French windows, private balconies or verandas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Travelocity, Prestigia, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.