First: My wife and I took a trip to Italy to select our castle, we visited a few in the area that made the short list from out online research. We have since visited others. Castello di Meleto beats them all. Not one castle we saw has it all together that way Meleto does.
We stayed here for a week, with 26 guests. It was AMAZING!!! I will make this as short as possible, but I hope to capture all the fine things about the castle and the wonderful staff. Not one of our guests had any major complaints, in fact quite the opposite. We heard many times throughout the event "I cant believe you guys did this, it is amazing, no one back home will believe me!!"
Castle itself - We had the ceremony outside, at the top of the hill, overlooking the castle. We had our wedding dinner inside (catered by Class - Alberto is wonderful!!!) Clean, fresh, beautiful, all the details are here. We were given a honeymoon suite for the night of the wedding, which was 4 rooms. A bedroom, and fainting room, a living room and a bathroom. The food for the dinner was perfect Tuscan food (we took the Tuscany menu) lots of meant, beautiful handmade pasta. They even catered for your vegetarian friend and our non-gluten special diet friend.
Staff - Ask for Katia. Everyone at the Castle is great. Katia in particular made our wedding, she is an excellent planner and saved us more than it cost to hire her! Anthony is the most energetic wine tasting host you will meet. Friendly, knowledgeable and outgoing, it made the event a real blast. We hear tons of great comments from our guests regarding the wine tasting. We drove back to home with a several cases.
Villa - We rented out the big villa a at the top of the hill for a week. Everything was clean, worked, a/c plus heating functioned, pool directly outside, bbq area, private patio in back, and a piazza in the front. We ate a couple of al fresco dinners with our friends, we all pitched in and cooked together. As an extra, we arranged with the castle to have breakfast dropped off every morning to our guests, which was done on time.
Services - Photographer, musician, caterer, dj, all organized through Katia. All amazing, reasonably priced, and almost all of them came with extra "gifts". Italian hospitality at its best.
Restaurant - Very well priced. Excellent food. they will even do a fixed price menu for groups.
BBQ - If you stay for a few days, organize a BBQ through Katia. As everything else, it was top notch. And classy. I never sat down to a white linen BBQ before; welcome to Meleto!
The rest - Wifi is available, free; but spotty. We managed and I am in I.C.T., so geeks be warned, but not worried. I brought a beamer (projector) and we watched italian movies in the villa at night. the TV's are CRT, be warned when bring connectors, SCART is best.
There are no wedding photos, as they are of a personal nature, but you can see most of the grounds on Castello di Meleto's site. I have added a few of whats not on there.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Meleto Hotel
- Castello Di Meleto Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Meleto Gaiole In Chianti, Tuscany, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castello di Meleto is in the center of an ideal geographical triangle formed by the cities of Siena, Florence and Arezzo. Surrounded by six beautiful houses, painstakingly restored in 2000, preserving its rustic Tuscan style. Each house has a private garden or terrace that overlooks the countryside surrounded by green vineyards and olive groves.Easily accessible and close to the accommodation we have two infinity pools from which you can enjoy an unforgettable view. In the basement of the castle, a real historical monument, a charming wine shop allows you to taste our wines, our organic extra virgin olive oil and salami of Cinta Senese from our farm. On request we can organize banquets in medieval and Renaissance style in the picturesque setting of the frescoed rooms. In addition, daily guided tours of the ground floor of the castle, the eighteenth-century theater, the dungeons with ancient cellars, prisons and the secret tunnel to escape from the Castle .. will make you to live an unique and unforgettable experience in a real castle in the Chianti area.Daily walks are possible on roads and paths in the area.From the same roads, the "Eroica”, an fascinating extreme racing with vintage bikes, takes place every year.The staff of the Reception of the Castle will be pleased to arrange excursions departing from the Castello di Meleto to major art centers such as Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Arezzo and Val D'Orcia. On the territory of the Castle of Meleto guests can enjoy cycling, horse riding and walking, immersed in pristine nature of the Chianti hills. Our restaurant, “ La Fornace di Meleto” , at the bottom of the hill, offers typical Tuscan menu and innovative dishes.The Castle's history is also a history of Weddings, such as those of Alberto Ridolfi's daughter Lucrezia and, in 1852, Baron Bettino's daughter Elisabetta: it could also become the history of Your wedding, against a background imbued with extraordinary beauty.Meleto Castle can offer Religious ceremonies in its catholic church, the Pieve di Spaltenna.The Celebrations can be organized as you wish: the entire Piano Nobile (a series of furnished and frescoed rooms) can be put at Guests' disposal together with the garden, a splendid terrace overlooking the unspoilt panorama of the Chianti hills for enjoying a touch of sun, and the Stables ( Scuderia in Italian) , where guests can relax or let themself go in dancing.We specialise in providing the perfect atmosphere for a truly unique party, whether a Tuscan Castle wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Castello di Meleto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.