I don’t know how many of you have stayed in an all inclusive hotel before... but this resort was so much fun! My boyfriend and I spent a 5 night trip eating, drinking sun-tanning and swimming. To start you are probably wondering what is actually included with this package. As a guest, you have access to 3 dinner restaurants (reservations required) 1 buffet dinner, 2 lunch spots, a snack and cocktail bar, and pool bar and buffet breakfast. You also have a fridge in your room stocked with water, soft drinks and beer. Pablo, the bartender at the pool, was amazing. At an all inclusive property, you worry that the staff will ignore you since they're not working for tips. This was NOT the case with Pablo. He had our drinks refilled before they were even finished. Pablo also makes the best mixed drinks, tell him what you like and trust that you will be given something delicious. The Dirty Monkey was my favorite. The majority of the staff were always pleasant and accommodating, which can’t be easy considering the amount of alcohol vacationers consume. The food varied, but was never terrible. My boyfriend had steak every single night. The Hilton has two pool spots. The main area has three pools and though the hotel was at 90% capacity, never felt like it was over crowded. We always managed to grab seats together by the pool and a stool at the bar. If you are in need of some R&R, head to the spa pool. We went there for lunch one day and it was absolutely silent... no kids allowed. We didn’t purchase any of the spa packages, but heard a few people say positive things about them.
The hotel has several activities throughout the day - aerobics classes, kayaking, bike tours etc. They seem mostly geared towards families - perfect if you want to keep your kids busy. One disappointment was the local snorkeling. The water was very cloudy right by the hotel so you couldn't’ see anything. According to the staff, this varies throughout the year. The kayaking was really cool though. You can rent either a single or double seater for an hour. We traveled to a nearby beach searching for monkeys. We didn’t see any creatures, but saw some frightenly large footprints.
Because the snorkeling was lackluster by the hotel, we purchased an extra package. For 70$ each, we had a 4 hour trip with a boat ride, 1 hr snorkeling and lunch. It wasn’t the best snorkeling in the world but certainly worth it. The boat ride was especially fun.
We were lucky, our room was upgraded to an ocean view and was a short walk to the main pool. I would suggest you inquire about your room’s location when you check in... some of the rooms are very far away. Even so, the hotel does provide an ongoing shuttle so you don’t have to walk.
Overall, this vacation was all we needed. Of course there could have been a few minor changes to make it even more ideal, but we were 100% satisfied!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.