We have travelled to various places across the world and especially in central and south America. This is by far the most disgusting place we have ever stayed. Every aspect of our experience was disappointing. Our room was infested with bugs and we even found a dead scorpion. The bathroom was very dirty and toilet didn't flush properly. Food was terrible and they kept increasing the price on us. Staff is incompetent, has terrible manners, and DOES NOT care! They made us wait an hour for every request we made (extra towels, blankets, ride to dining hall). The location is DEAD. Nothing to do. The beach nearby is littered with trash. The pool smelled bad and turned green because no one cleaned it. Bottom line: DO NOT STAY AT MONARCH RESORT!!! You will regret it!!!
- Also Known As:
- Monarch Hotel
- Monarch Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Monarch Resort Gulf Of Papagayo
- Vista Bahia Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Panama
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A development surrounded by flora, fauna and wildlife that offers a natural environment in complete harmony with the surroundings. Vista Bahia Beach Resort is the ideal place to rest, relax and enjoy everything Costa Rica has to offer. Animals seen and photographed on property have included; monkeys, squirrels, iguanas, numerous butterflies, mapaches, and pizotes and many different species of birds, We also have numerous trees, cacti, hiking trails and beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Vista Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.