This hotel was actually our second choice.......but I am so glad we didn’t get into the other one or we would have missed a real treat! From the moment we arrived the service was like nothing I have remembered in a long time and I have stayed at some pretty good hotels!
We arrived in our hire car and the staff rushed out to meet us, help with parking and bags (the garage staff were brilliant the whole time we were here)
This trip was for our anniversary so the hotel upgraded us to the lovely 4th floor room overlooking the lake. Magnificent is all I can say.
We had dinner the first evening and it was better (both service and food) than the Michelin star restaurant we visited for the evening of our anniversary!
We also ate lunch here a couple of days, great club sandwich! And the pizza restaurant is really good although I would advise sharing one, they are huge!
Breakfast has most things you would expect and again the service is brilliant, the staff make you feel welcome and 'looked after'.
The bar is again just lovely and the staff superb.......they make great Bellini’s and the bar snacks are good and there are lots of them......savory snacks pre dinner little sweet ones post dinner........
The pool in the garden is a hidden gem.....warm sun trap with loads of space around you so you feel quite private, the gardens are really lovely. But the pool 'in the lake' made me feel like a film star! Lying on huge bean bags with a glass of cold prossecco.......
The road is very busy but as long as you pull the shutter down on the windows overnight it blocks out the traffic noise so you won’t get disturbed too early. I loved Bellagio as a place to stay as there are lovely little streets to investigate etc but when I next visit Lake Como I will be staying here again and get the ferry across (cheap and it runs until 11pm) as I don’t think any other hotel will live up to this one. Just go you won’t regret it!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Lake Como
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One hundred windows overlooking the blue of the Lake or the green of the secular park: this is Grand Hotel Tremezzo. Celebrating a century of charm in 2010 on one of the most beautiful locations of Lake Como, directly facing Bellagio, this is a real Palace steeped in history and a sense of mellow luxury. With three pools, of which one floating on the Lake, and a panoramic SPA, it’s the ideal spot to savour a real holyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Amex, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.