• If you want only to please your aesthetic senses and nothing else, then by all means stay at Oxygen. They are rarely available by phone so keep in mind that you are going to have difficulty if you run into a problem.
The ride up to the villas can only be done by a 4X4 and costs $10(5000) colonas to go up ($10 to go down)
I had trouble finding one on new years eve . Although I managed to get one after much effort, he couldn't find the Oxygen trail that leads to the villas. This is because there are no signs for Oxygen villas anywhere. I tried desperately to call Oxygen to help me get up to my villa but they were not available. I ended up staying overnight in a hammock at Toucan which is at the bottom of the hill to Oxygen. The owner at Toucan didn't have any rooms available but took the time to call Oxygen for over an hour to let them know that one of their guests was having trouble and stranded.They also tried to get me a taxi. Oxygen staff was still unavailable at 7:30 am so the Toucan people graciously took care of getting me a taxi.
The Oxygen staff is only available until 10pm.
Oxygen's owner was informed about it and didn't even bother to come out and meet me or offer any type of compensation although she lives on the premises. The staff tried their best to be helpful but they make it clear that they have poor reception at the villas and that's the way it is. The room's light kept flashing throughout the night and couldn't be fixed until I left.
Since you are going to be experiencing the rainforest, it may be more comfortable to stay where the hosts are more accomodating and helpful. Also, the beautiful pool is right beside the dining area which is also the reception so if you don't mind being watched while you relax in the water, this will be ideal.
I also stayed at Diquis del Sur for 2 days which is in Ojochal, about 10-15 minutes from Oxygen and they are far more accomodating, the hosts won't even sleep until they know all their guests are safe. The owner of Diquis, Elaine prepares delicious fresh meals and takes time out to see if you are happy with everything. Pierre helped me with luggage, and just about everything else one could need and both hosts are extremely pleasant
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica’s South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 one-bedroom villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.