We highly recommend this hotel. First things first, we chose this hotel because it was good value in comparison to others, it had somewhere to park the car, it had a swimming pool, and we wanted a Caldera view from our balcony. Well it had all this!! It is based in the town of Imervogili, which is in between Fira and Oia (closer to Fira) we are so glad we chose this town- it is not in the centre of Fira which can be noisy, busy, hotter and more difficult to get to the hotel, but within a 45min costal walk of Fira to walk in for some shopping or dinner. We also walked to Oia from our hotel, (allow 2.5-3hrs) Oia was beautiful but we decided for us it was a little too far away from Fira. We stayed in room 16 which was an apartment type room (had a free upgrade when we arrived as it was available- always a nice touch from a hotel!) and it was lovely. Large terrace outside with sun loungers and sofas with umbrellas for shade, little breakfast table, (no restaurant so breakfast is delivered to your terrace every morning- it was awesome!) Inside it had a reception area with a sofa, a desk and a chest of drawers. It had a sink and a large fridge with minibar items in, a washroom with toilet, sink and shower, all very clean and cleaned daily with new towels. Then the bedroom had a wardrobe with a safe and a lovely double bed which had a window looking out onto the Caldera- beautiful. There was wi-fi available in the reception area of the room but not the bedroom as it was set back into the cliff- understandable really!! Oh and it had A/C! Our terrace and pool was completely private to people walking along the costal path through the village of hotels, a lot of hotels I noticed while walking on the costal path ourselves (which were 3 or 4 times the price) had the costal path right in front of their private balconies and pools/Jacuzzis which didn’t appeal to us!! And also some of the more expensive ones more towards Oia, are not so high as Imervogili and the sunset’s might be blocked by Oia! The steps around the hotel, like every single hotel which overlooks the Caldera are steep as it is built on a cliff, but the setting of all the hotels is amazing! And yes I agree, the views and sunsets from the room are breath taking, don’t quote me on it but I’m sure every single room in this hotel has a Caldera view as it is on the cliff face.
- Also Known As:
- Iliovasillema Hotel
- Iliovasillema Hotel Imerovigli
- Iliovasilema Hotel Imerovigli
- Iliovasillema Suites Santorini/Imerovigli
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Imerovigli, one of the most beautiful villages of Santorini Island, you will find the ILIOVASILEMA HOTEL APARTMENTS ("Iliovasilema" is the Greek word for "sunset"). Iliovasilema is situated on the enchanting and world famous Caldera. Built 350m above sea level, offers to its guests the most fascinating view of the volcano and the little islands of the Aegean Sea, as well as of the dazzling sunset. Iliovasilema was initially built in year 1996, has been renovated and remodeled in year 2002 and still grows, following always the rules and the tradition of the Cycladic architecture! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Iliovasillema Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.