Arc Houses was our first immersion with Greece. Having over 24 hours of travelling in our bones, we arrived at Arc Houses and were greeted by Flora, our wonderful hostess. The Houses themselves are right on the cliff overlooking the Caldera, with the higher rooms offering a better view from it's patios. Flora was nice enough to upgrade our rooms since we arrived in low season.
The weather was quite cold for April 2011 and the rooms were a little humid, but the heater did quick work to help with that. A quick note that some to these rooms, which probably applies to many more hotels in this area, tend to be quite humid due to it's concrete surroundings, which I'm sure is not in issue in the heat of summer.
The location (northern part of the island) was central enough for us to walk to the main village of Fira via the wonderful pedestrian path. We stayed in the Mediterranean room, which was the highest of them all with a beautiful patio. Getting there was an (good) adventure in itself as access to the Hotel requires going through small alleys, but most places are identical.
Santorini is definitely not lacking in hotels and rooms, and to be frank, there are nicer places then the ARC Houses, but Flora, the view and the surroundings, as well as the price made it a top choice for us. Would we be back? Yes we would.
- Also Known As:
- Arc Houses Hotel
- Arc Houses Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Hotel Imerovigli
- Arc Houses Santorini/Imerovigli
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ARCHouses hotel is situated in Imerovigli - known for the breathtaking view to the Caldera - at the highest point of the settlement. The hotel lies 50m. from the church of Panagia Maltesa ( Maltese ) and 1.8 km from Fira, the capital of the island. The hotel offers magnificent views of the volcano, the Aegean Sea and the, undoubtedly, most famous sunset in the world.The ARCHouses complex is a mixture of traditional cycladic and modern architecture. The architect and householder of Archouses, Mrs. Flora Nastouli, has designed all spaces with much love giving attention to every detail. The fine structural lines and the quality of materials used (linen & silk) create an elegant and luxurious ambience that adds extra comfort in your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Arc Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.