We booked our mini-break about 2 weeks before as we had an opportunity to go skiing which we hadn't done for 14 years! This is a small skiing resort but for a 4 day break was perfect for us. We were attracted to the offer via the TUI website and its all inclusive nature. We flew from Stansted Airport at 7.45 am and were in the hotel by 10.40 thanks to the EXCELLENT hotel taxi transfer. The breakfast buffet was still open! We skied Wed afternoon (booking skis/boots and passes was easy at the depot and the bus stop is directly opposite the hotel and a 3 minute ride), Thurs, Fri and Saturday all day catching a flight home on Sat eve. The hotel had all we could ask for - excellent buffets for breakfast (hot and cold), the same for lunch which was worth getting the bus back for and dinner was excellent too including fondu and pizza if you wished in different parts of the restaurant. There were ample drinks from an open bar in the restaurant and the relaxing winter garden and a served bar where there was even more. Although we went without children, families seemed to be having a great time and we found the ambiance of the hotel extremely relaxing and friendly. The pool was warm, clean and the outdoor pool was heated and open even during snowfall! We would return in the future and feel most welcome I'm sure. The trip included many extras including sleigh/buggy ride of the area/entrance to ski museum and ski bus. Altogether a lovely place.
- Also Known As:
- Family Resort Werfenweng Hotel Werfenweng
- Family Resort Werfenweng Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our all-inclusive resort hotel is situated at the foot of the imposing Tennengebirge mountains in one of the most beautiful high valleys in the Province of Salzburg.Our hotel is located on the main square of Werfenweng, at an altitude of nearly 1,000m. Extensive all-inclusive amenities and a first-class cuisine ensure that our guests can relax in a holiday atmosphere right from the start. The all-inclusive Gut Wenghof - Family Resort includes several buildings: -the main building with a swimming pool and the wings "Hochkönig" and "Solaris"-the adjacent Wenghof building (about 30 meters away, not connected with the main building)The main building houses a new lounge with an all-inclusive bar, a stage and the hotel reception. The panorama restaurant with its show cooking area, the winter garden, the self-service bar, a small wine cellar and the health spa with its heated open-air pool complete the offer.The facilities in our resort:-Lobby with reception-Bar & stage-Winter garden with self-service bar-Restaurant-Family Fondue & Family Pizza-Wine cellar-Luis Trenker Lounge-TUI best FAMILY children’s club Trolleywood-Indoor and outdoor-pool (heated)-W-Lan: Luis Trenker Lounge, lobby, bar, winter garden and all rooms of type "Wengerau"-Sauna and infra red cabin-Massages and solarium (additional charge)-Beauty treatment, pedicure, hair salon (additional charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Gut Wenghof - Family Resort Werfenweng reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.