Agree with the previous reviewer, this cant be a 4 star property! First arriving to the lobby and restaurant area it could look nice but reaching your (superiour sea view) room can be a huge dissappointment. Amenities are all there but it all looks extremely worn out. Supposedly a glamorous Sofitel, but the glamour must have been from the 70ies!
We liked 2 things - the little secluded private beach with white sand, but only if You dont look behind your back, where there are rusty abandoned beach restaurant, ugly looking pool area, very worn out sunbeds and a small bar that looks also deserted and dusty.
The second good thing is the terrace overlooking the ocean and colourful flowers.
But the service was very poor and not helpful, maybe because of their almost total lack of english language skill, the food area service was unbelievably slow and unprofessional which is unfortunately not reflected in their very high prices!
In total - the place is really overrated and overpriced, showing only run down yesterday's glory. One doesnt want to stay somewhere that looks rusty & deserted on otherwise such a gorgeous island, especially paying almost a 300eur per night!
PS If you need to choose between Basse Terre and Grande Terre, then dont pick Le Gosier and Grande Terre, there is so much more beauty in the lush Basse Terre.
- Also Known As:
- Mgallery Auberge De La Vielle Tour Hotel
- Mgallery Auberge De La Vielle Tour Hotel Gosier
- MGallery Auberge De La Vielle Tour Guadeloupe/Gosier
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Pointe-à-Pitre, the Sofitel Auberge de la Vieille Tour has become a regular port of call in the French West Indies for those seeking peaceful luxury and top-quality cuisine. Built around an 18th century windmill above a 7-acre tropical garden cascading down to the sea, this sumptuous hotel offers breathtaking views of the tiny neighboring islands. The spectacular coral reefs and crystal clear waters invite visitors to explore the incomparable beauty of our private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your MGallery Auberge de la Vielle Tour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.