We stayed her for 4 nights in July. I was a bit apprehensive because there was little information from other travelers about the hotel. Needless to say that all disappeared when we arrived, the staff at the reception were very nice.
We arrived mid afternoon so headed to the pool for a drink. The area where the pool is was very nice, plenty of loungers and tables and chairs although not a lot of shade. The pool itself was beautiful and quite big.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening, food was fantastic - very high quality. There was so much wine to choose from and they even have a water list so you can choose water from about 12 countries around the world.
The bedroom was very specious with high ceilings, plenty of wardrobe space and a nice bathroom. The building itself looks like it was an old country mansion house owned by someone very rich many moons ago.
Breakfast was a buffet with all the usuals while the kitchen would prepare eggs etc for you.
We used the spa once, although it was a bit small there were plenty of treatments to choose from.
The only downside was that the time were there, there were only 4 or 5 other couples so the place was almost deserted and lacked a bit of atmosphere. Apart from that is was great, secluded with great food and wine.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Badia Di Campoleone Hotel
- Relais Badia Di Campoleone Hotel Arezzo
- Badia Di Campoleone Hotel Capolona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel-Relais Badia di Campoleone is a luxury hotel near Arezzo, providing charming accommodation in historic rooms. Centuries of experience handed down by the Marquises della Stufa and the Albergotti and Persichetti families is recorded in the frescoes in the halls and the imposing apses of the internal church, architectural features of the ancient Benedictine abbey from the year 1000 AD. The sixteenth-century villa that rises above the stables now houses an exquisite hotel near Arezzo with 34 rooms of various categories. The nineteenth-century mill building also contains 4 captivating rooms. The scents of thyme and lavender of the Tuscan countryside, the chorus of morning birdsong and the lively hum of the evening cicadas stimulate and restore physical and mental well being. The colors of nature penetrate into each room, while peace and serenity set the right tone for a holiday in this period residence in the heart of Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Relais Badia di Campoleone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.