We have just returned from a two week break here with our two teenagers, aged 15 and 13. We do think the cost was reasonable for 2 weeks all-inclusive in July, however first and continued impressions were that this complex is tired and needs refurbishment. The public areas (especially reception) are not that welcoming and some of the seats in the terrace bar are broken.The cleanliness of public areas, particularly toilets and pool areas was poor. There were two dirty blue towels lying near the snack bar for the whole two weeks we were there. We were in the apartment complex across the road, and the beds were not that comfortable to be honest with poor air conditioning in the main bedroom, Sunbeds at the quiet pool were elderly and pretty uncomfortable too.If you decide to have a day away packed lunches were unavailable, which is unusual in our experience for all-inclusive hotels. We were also unable to extend our room as the hotel was so busy, which was disappointing as we had a later flight. The courtesy rooms available were basic with no doors on the showers meaning the floor was soaked!
Positive points- The hotel seems well-run and senior staff were clearly present in the evenings.Any requests to reception regarding maintenance were dealt with promptly and efficiently.The chefs, waiting and bar staff were consistently pleasant and friendly-like another reviewer I would say this is the real strength of the hotel.Cleaning of the rooms was good with fresh towels provided regularly. Toilet roll wasn't replaced consistently though!The food and drinks were of reasonable quality,although the variety was limited at times. The occasional offer of fruit and cocktails around the pool was a nice touch, which we have never experienced in more upmarket hotels. The animation team were very professional and worked extremely hard - a special mention should go to Fernando who was great with our teenagers and encouraged them to participate without being pushy. They were both sad to leave as they had such a great time, which did make our holiday more enjoyable despite the negative points. Overall we had an relaxing holiday, which is really a tribute to the hotel staff and generally we would say it was good value for money. However, don't expect luxury!
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Papagayo Hotel Lanzarote
- Iberostar Hotel Papagayo
- Iberostar Playa Blanca
- Iberostar Papagayo Lanzarote/Playa Blanca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of this hotel is just one of the many reasons to choose it as your next holiday destination. Standing on the seafront opposite Las Coloradas Beach, it is also just a short distance from the famous Papagayo Beaches, renowned as being the best on Lanzarote thanks to their golden sands and transparent turquoise waters.This complex offers you and your family a host of leisure options including the chance to unwind in our personal care and spa zone, the magnificent peaceful beaches and the nudist zone on the hotel roof, as well as fun in the pools, plus a wide range of leisure and gastronomy options. This hotel has 208 rooms and 83 apartments, and the very best facilities, including a restaurant, bar, lounge bar, Internet points, boutique, 3 freshwater pools, a solarium-terrace with hammocks and sunshades, a pool bar and a nudist zone on the roof. We also offer a fitness rooms where guests may work out and modern tennis courts. You may also practise aerobics, archery and rifle shooting, as well as billiards, darts, spinning, squash, water polo, football and tennis, all without stepping foot outside the complex. But if you prefer other sports, there is a golf course within easy reach of the hotel and we also have a bicycle hire service. Our entertainment team put on a superb programme of activities: during the day, guests can take part in the games and sports, and in the evening there’s dancing, disco music and professional shows for the whole family. There are also a range of facilities especially for kids, such as the Maxiclub (for children aged between 9 and 12), offering games, sports and a choice of activities including the Minidisco. We also offer an evening babysitting service so mums and dads can enjoy a relaxing dinner with complete peace of mind. The hotel also offers guests a choice selection of buffet dishes in the Lancelot Restaurant or El Junco Pool Snack Bar. Relax after a day in the sun over a drink in the quiet Flamingo Lobby Bar or the livelier Timanfaya Theatre Bar. Visit the hotel’s Minispa and indulge in an exclusive relaxing treatment including the hammam, caldarium, two hydromassage tubs, cold water baths and a range of massages. The hotel's modern facilities also make it the ideal venue for business meetings and conventions. We have two large, fully-equipped rooms with seating for between 25 and 80 people plus a team of skilled professionals at your service. Participants in these events also have full access to the hotel’s leisure facilities. A superb climate, magnificent beaches and outstanding facilities make this hotel the perfect holiday destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.