I stayed at Ty Morgan en route to North Wales as a half way point. I found the place from the Internet and wasn't disappointed.
From the start when I sent off an email enquiry I received very friendly attention and the request for a ground floor room was well dealt with.
I arrived at around 7pm and was checked in to the room very quickly, my suitcase taken off me and taken to the room. The room was a good size and well appointed, with a double bed and a 2 seater settee along with a flat screen TV. The bathroom had a bath with shower and had good sized towels. If I have a complaint to make about my stay it revolves around the bathroom, there is no heating in there that I could tell and it did get a little cold and the water in my bath wasn't very warm. However the bathroom was clean and well appointed and they provided toiletries too which were nice.
There was ample tea and coffee and a nice touch was the home baked biscuits, they also included water bottles.
Ty Morgan is directly on the A470 so there can be a little traffic noise but this is rural mid Wales and during the night I wasn't aware of any traffic travelling through the town.
Whilst there is parking at a small car park at the hotel the access is difficult and they recommend using the public car park at Smithfield's Market which is a short walk from the hotel.
The breakfast was very pleasant with a good choice.
I was impressed by this bed and breakfast, it was clean comfortable and the staff friendly it was also exceptionally good value. I would recommend it as an ideal place to stay if travelling to and from north and south wales
- Also Known As:
- Ty Morgan`s Bar-Bistro-Rooms Hotel Rhayader
- Ty Morgan`s Bar-Bistro-Rooms Hotel
- Ty Morgan's Bar-Bistro-Rooms Rhayader, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ty Morgans is situated in the centre of the Beautiful market town of Rhayader. This brand new development has all its rooms individually designed by an interior designer and has recently been awarded its 4 star status. We have our own Strand Bistro, Morgans Evening Restaurant and Coffee/Sandwich Shop. Rhayader makes a location for touring mid wales with the stunning Elan Valley Dams and the beautiful Wye Valley ideal for walking, cycling, birdwatching and fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ty Morgan's Bar-Bistro-Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.