We (me, my partner and two small kids of 0 and 3 years old) visited Barcelo Beach resort from November 28th untill the 1st of December 2013. Below is a list of things that struck me, just to give you an idea.
- Important in two ways. First the location of the resort. Right next to the beach. It's a beach for kids. Our oldest loved it. Don't expect any spectaculair views though. The walk to the town is an acceptable 5-10 minutes. Barcelo is a large resort, so the location of your apartment can make a difference.
- Very spacious. We especially liked the large roof terrace! Good size beds. Even has blackout curtains. 2 aircons. Nice and modern bathroom. The temperature of the water is not constant, so showering with a baby on your arm can be a bit of a hassle. Good kitchen, only the amount of kitchenware is limited. Note: we had a room with a bith of a small ants plague. This meant we had to store most of our food in plastic bags (don't forget to bring them).
- The accomodation was clean when we arrived, but cleaning during our stay was not that good. In and out in 2 minutes. Give us a broom and we could do without. Also our sheets were not changed during our eleven day stay.
- Fresh salads and deserts. The food is good. Friendly staff. Hardly any queues at this time of year. Would not go all inclusive though. Note: if you like mayonaise or ketchup on your fries get some during breakfast because at diner there isn't any.. Oh, the pancakes at breackfast are nice, but there's no (maple) sirup (which I like).
- Very poor connection and very expensive (25 EUR for one week). Not good.
- Location, the small heated swimming pool and the large roof terrace
- Cleaning, internet connection
IF we'd go to Caleta de Fuste again we would probably choose Barcelo again. However, Caleta de Fuste is nothing special and Barcelo isn't special enough to compensate.
The 2000 block is the best location when you book an apartment
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC