Stayed 11-18 May 2012, with Thomas Cook providing our holiday.
The area of Cala'n Bosch (or Cala en Bosch) is absolutely wonderful! We couldn't believe the hive of activity that was available at all times of the day, even during Siesta times most shops were open, not everything was open so early in the season (we were on the first TCX flight of the season!)
The Marina itself (not the hotel) is lovely and all of the shops/bars around are super. Our favourite was the Steakhouse with a rough translation of "On Fire". The waiters there are super - the man trying to get you in the "door" is legendary and properly deserves a medal!
However, The Marina (hotel) is not as nice as you would expect. As others have mentioned, "you get what you pay for". I don't feel that you do get all that you pay for. Namely fresh towels. It took 4 DAYS for us to get our first set of fresh towels and the two single beds (in a double room) were only ever made, never changed!!
We were in a studio room 3**. This was not the usual standard of studio apartment that I am used to. There is a small bathroom latch and bathroom door separating us from another apartment! How this is allowed, I do not know!!
The TCX rep is located at the sister hotel, the Cala en Bosch hotel - and it is little wonder she spends all of her time there. The Cala en Bosch seems so much nicer, with friendlier staff and everyone looks happy, whereas ever member of staff and public at The Marina look miserable. Probably from the state of their apartments! Also, she was pretty much useless when we had a complaint!
Another issue we had with the apartment is with the door combining apartments and the vent between the two bathrooms, we could hear everything next door were doing. And I mean everything! (I'm talking about toileting habits!) Decor was also outdated.
A complaint was logged in resort and a letter will be going off on Monday to Thomas Cook. Don't know what (if any) good it will do, but we shall see.
Hope that helps you avoid The Marina.
See my photos for some idea of what we were up against.
- Also Known As:
- Hi! Marina Apartamentos Hotel Cala`n Bosch
- Hi! Marina Apartamentos Hotel
- Hi! Marina Apartamentos Spain/Minorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dream location to share with your friends, partner or family, where you can enjoy a dream holiday made to measure. Quiet Mediterranean evenings with opportunities for gastronomic and leisure delight.Located between the beach and the marina of Cala´n Bosch, 11km from Ciutadella. 89 1 and 2 bedroom apartments with balcony, small kitchen with microwave, SAT TV, safe rental, baths, shower, toilet. 3 pools, one of which is for children, pool bar, and guests can also enjoy the facilities and entertainment programme offered by Cala´n Bosch Hotel***. Additional local amenities for water sports lovers, cycling, horse riding, walking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Olotels so you can book your Hi! Marina Apartamentos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.