I really felt this was worthy of 3.5 and could have got a 5 but for some issues I will raise later.
Overall we had a GOOD time at the hotel. The guests of various nationalities were generally of a professional nature. The majority of the children staying were pleasant, friendly and whilst boisterous - were well behaved.
Our 4-year little boy made lots of friends in the outstanding Pirate Pool. Our 6-month toddler was equally happy in his little inflatable ring, as his little toes could touch the floor as its so shallow.
We were equally impressed by the kids entertainment staff. Abby, Lynne and especially Roberto were adored by my son. We had a couple of cloudy days and the 'Kids Hut' provided plenty of games and crafts to please them until the sun appeared.
Food was surprisingly good, but Calan Bosch has a great restaurant scene and the self-catering option is better value.
The 'stroll' to the marina from the hotel is fine, but in blaring heat with a pushchair and a little child walking slow and having to be pulled along, it can stretch a 10-minute walk into a gruelling affair. A car is definitely worthwhile, for the above and for trips around the island. Cala'n blanes Cituadella and Galdana are excellent days out indeed.
You can pick up free wifi in reception from your phone or iPad if you need it. Just ask reception for the password.
In the 9 nights there I never awoke of my own accord. This is a steel-framed hotel with plasterboard walls and ceilings. As a result of this, you'd hear chairs dragging around, suitcases being wheeled in and out as people came and left. We had to bang the ceiling one night after a child had a golf ball or something rolling around above our heads. Sleep quality is NOT a strong point.
Maintenance is for want of a better word - rubbish. Sure the cleaners work very hard indeed but I never saw a handyman once. For a modern hotel , some of the sharp broken tiles were an accident waiting to happen on the pathways around the pool. It's as if it was built 4 years ago and just left, with no periodic maintenance being carried out. The pool toilets were flooded and stank of urine. They were an inch deep some days on the floor and it smelt shocking.
Restaurant - a little boy badly burned his hand on a hot plate. He was only 3 and his parent was not to blame, the plate warmer still had his hand print on it that evening. He was rushed to the doctors and bandaged up. It was likely a freak accident but risk assessments by the hotel chain are obviously not being carried out properly. This could have been mine or your child having their holiday ruined as a result.
In closing I would go back and the positives outweigh the negatives and most of all, the children absolutely loved it - especially socialising in the pirate pool and at the disco. The guests and staff were all classy and pleasant creating a nice vibe.
I would recommend this hotel to mums and dads and even couples. The evening entertainment was pretty funny, and to those that moaned about it - the acts rotate through the whole resort, so you won't find different at neighbouring hotels!
If they could just address the negatives, perhaps carpet the main room corridors and put pads under the furniture it would take this place from v.good to perfect.
PS- The reviewer below who spoke of 'knives being left' in front of them as the staff went outside to supervise another child needs to get a pair of glasses. They should also realise that their 2-year old wouldn't be allowed in without their immediate supervision as they're under the age of 4, anyway who leaves a 2-year old on their own ? People who probably don't care very much about them and want rid. Enough said.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Menorca Hotel Cala`n Bosch
- Viva Menorca Hotel
- Viva Menorca Cala n Bosch
- Viva Menorca Apartments
- Viva Menorca Spain/Minorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Menorca’s charm is unique: its beaches, its villages, its traditions and its peace and quiet. Add to that the most complete and modern facilities, the most attentive service, top quality delicious cuisine and an excellent location in Cala en Bosch,and you have the best holiday on the island. Perfect for families who come to have fun or for couples seeking a relaxing break,Viva Menorca was designed to guarantee its guests a truly unforgettable holiday. In its garden area guests of the Viva Menorca will find a sun terrace with a large swimming pool and a children’s playground. Children also will have a great time in our Splash-pools and Pirate Boats. Its rooms are generous and welcoming. It also features an indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and a massage service. Above all it has first-class restaurants to suit everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Viva Menorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.