This was our first trip to Lanzarote and we used Trip Advisor to choose the hotel before we booked. Our holiday was with friends to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday. On arrival the reception area was very busy but the staff were helpful and friendly, we were pointed towards the bar downstairs to have a drink and something to eat whilst they finished booking us in. The reception staff gave us full details of the hotel and facilities together with a map so we could find our way around easily. Our room was in the main building and our friends in the second building. Some of the reviews we had previously read complained about the time it took to walk from one to the other. We timed this and even on the long walk it only took about four minutes, at a leisurely stroll! We had only been in our room for about 15 minutes when we were called by the reception staff to check that everything was to our satisfaction. On my wife's birthday we received a bottle of champagne in our room with the compliments of the management who also called to wish my wife "happy birthday". We had booked the Mexican Restaurant for the evening and again a bottle of champagne was waiting at our table. Both the Mexican and the Asian restaurants were of high quality and well worth a visit. The buffet restaurant food is very good but you do need to look around the room first to see what is available as there is an extensive choice. Overall we found the facilities to be very good, the pools were clean and at each of the sites one of the pools were heated. We found that the pool at the far side of the hotel was quieter and this had a swim up bar which was well used! The unheated pools were a lot cooler but on the days when the temperature was high they were fine to use. The only slight criticism would be that the main evening entertainment was not of a high quality. Both the inside and outside of the hotel was kept immaculate. We felt that we were looked after extremely well and this helped us to have a very enjoyable holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.