My parter and I just returned from Fariones apartments, and I can honestly say that the apartment complex as a whole was absolutely spot on. The staff we're extremely friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The apartments were spotless and cleaned every day, although one slightly over-enthusiastic cleaner knocked on the door at 8.30am, so we declined cleaning that day!
When we arrived, we were given a free bottle of local Lanzarote wine, some fresh fruit and a large bottle of mineral water, not to mention all the free little toiletries soap shampoo etc...
There isn't any air-conditioning, which I could imagine in the hight of summer could be a bit of problem, but they provide a fan in the bedroom which was more than adequate and wasn't particularly intrusive.
Massive selection of food at breakfast, including a nice glass of bubbly (included!) if you are that way inclined. (I imagine the evening dinner was up to the same excellent standard, however we decided to go B&B so never sampled).
The roof terrace was one of the highlights, excellent views, lots of sun loungers and a jacuzzi. Didn't once have a problem getting a sun lounger either by the pool or on the roof terrace no matter what time of day we went. Yes a few people reserve them using their pool towels (you can hire from reception, free of charge!) but there were plenty of loungers and umbrellas available.
The location of the apartments was also a highlight, situated bang in the middle between old town and the avenue de la playa made all the local attractions a maximum of 5 mins walk away. If you walk one way you find yourself in the heart of the old town, through winding streets and the port. Walk the other direction and you have more bars and restaurants than you know what to do with, as well as the beach being a stumble away.
The beach in puerto del carmen is fab, very clean, lots of space and the sea was even warm enough to swim in June!
One thing to note, don't bother with expensive airport transfers. Ryanair wanted to charge us £20 EACH on the way there and £20 each on the way back, but if you just hop in a taxi at the airport it'll cost you 15 euros between you. For us as a couple doing that, we saved ourselves 50 euros!
Would highly recommend Fariones Apartments and we will hopefully return here in the near future!
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Fariones Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos Fariones Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos Fariones Hotel
- Apartamentos Fariones Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apartments Fariones are 200 metres from the “Playa Grande” in Puerto del Carmen, the tourist area par excellence. The 138 apartments, which are fully equipped for maximum comfort, are surrounded by pleasant gardens. Employees provide a warm, personal service and they aim to make guests feel welcome in surroundings which respect the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels and Otel so you can book your Apartamentos Fariones reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.